- Georgetown ‘unlikely’ to evacuate over storm, according to city reps
Georgetown was spared the damage sustained by Texas cities closer to the Gulf Coast, and city officials said Georgetown would be ready to take in evacuees if necessary.
- New housing developments will bring thousands more multifamily units to Georgetown
Georgetown has seen a surge of new multifamily developments over the past three years. In 2018, city planners aim to manage the growth by revamping the city’s comprehensive plan.
- See where Georgetown’s next annexation may be located
At the Aug. 8 meeting, Georgetown City Council began an annexation process Aug. 8 that could bring nearly 500 acres of undeveloped land located northwest of Sun City into Georgetown city limits.
- Growth spurt eyed in southeast Georgetown, city planners say
Southeast Georgetown is set to be the fastest-growing area of the city over the next several years, with seven developments consisting of more than 2,600 residential units in the making, according to city planners.
- Park projects underway in several areas of Georgetown
Georgetown's new Garey Park is expected to open in 20178 while several other city parks will receive new amenities with funding from bonds, donations and grants.
See the top 5 Georgetown-related news stories from August
The Square is one area of Georgetown that will receive new signage.n
Here are the five Georgetown-area stories that received the most attention from readers in August: