This is the eighth-consecutive year that St. David’s Medical Center has received a ranking by Truven.
The Heart Hospital of Austin and St. David's Georgetown Hospital, which are campuses of the medical center, also received the honor.
Part of IBM Watson Health, Truven is a leading provider of information and solutions that support health care cost and quality improvement.
The ranking evaluates clinical and operational performance in 11 areas:
- Inpatient mortality
- 30-day mortality rate
- Core measures
- 30-day risk-adjusted readmission rate
- Severity-adjusted average length of stay
- Mean emergency room throughput
- Inpatient expense per discharge
- Medicare spend per beneficiary
- Adjusted operating profit margin
- Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems score or patient rating of overall hospital performance
The medical center was honored to receive the award for the eighth time, said Don Wilkerson, CEO of St. David’s Medical Center.
“This recognition is a testament to our commitment to providing exceptional care to every patient every day," Wilkerson said.
With more than 110 sites across Central Texas, St. David’s HealthCare, which owns St. David's Medical Center, includes seven of the Austin area's hospitals.
St. David’s HealthCare is the third-largest private employer in the Austin area with more than 9,000 employees, according to St. David's officials.