The Woodlands Waterway Arts Festival will feature 225 artists specializing in various mediums from April 7-9. Festivities will take place throughout Town Center in Town Green Park and along The Woodlands Waterway from The Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel and Convention Center down to Grogans Mill Road.
Here are a few things to know before the festival:
1) Admission: Festival tickets are on sale now for $15 for the whole weekend. Tickets will cost $17 at the gate for the weekend. The grounds will be open from 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday.
2) Artopoly: Hands-on, interactive projects will be available in Town Green Park for the community to enjoy and create. Artopoly showcases year-round community and education outreach programs sponsored by The Woodlands Art Council.
3) The Art of Food: A foodie stage will be located in Town Green Park during the festival. Local chefs will have the opportunity to showcase their skills and promote their restaurants. A few restaurants in the lineup include Cousins Main Lobster on Friday; Costco, Grotto Ristorante, Russo's New York Pizzeria and Morton's Grille on Saturday; and Broken Barrel on Sunday. Food Network winner of "Fakers vs. Bakers" chef Amanda Cano with Baby Cakes will be showcasing her desserts at the festival all three days.
4) Featured artist: Terrell Powell is this year's featured artist, known for mixed media painting. He also works with cutout metal. Powell's latest series reflects his memories and ties to rural Texas life.
5) Art Dash Party: Festivalgoers have the option of attending Art Dash, an event featuring festival artists and a 60-second race for guests to get their hands on some of this year's art. The event will take place at 7 p.m. April 7 at The Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel and Convention Center, 1601 Lake Robbins Drive, The Woodlands. Admission to this event is $125.