The race takes place in and around downtown Austin on Sunday morning, and several roads will be closed Saturday and Sunday. Below are details about which streets to avoid at certain times throughout the weekend.
The marathon and half-marathon course can be found here. The 5K race course can be found here. Suggestions for road detours can be found here. Austin police officers will be monitoring several intersections throughout the city Sunday. You can watch the runners live on race day here.
Major road closures
- Congress Avenue
- South First Street
- Cesar Chavez Street
- Enfield Road
- Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, Eighth, Ninth, 10th and 11th streets
- San Jacinto Boulevard
- 15th Street
- Duval Street
- Exposition Boulevard
- 35th Street
- North Loop
- Red River Street
- Shoal Creek Boulevard
Times to know
- 1-7 p.m. Packet pickup and health and fitness expo at Austin Convention Center
- 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Packet pickup and health and fitness expo at Austin Convention Center
- 5:30 a.m. Runner gear check opens
- 6:55 a.m. Wheelchair start
- 7 a.m. Austin Marathon and Half Marathon start
- 7:30 a.m. Austin Marathon 5K benefiting Paramount Theatre start
- 8:05 a.m. First half-marathon finisher expected
- 9 a.m. Femina-X to perform
- 9:25 a.m. First marathon finisher expected
- 11 a.m. Half-marathon course closes
- 11:15 a.m. Continental Drift performs
- 2 p.m. Marathon course closes
Capital Metro detours
Beginning Saturday, Capital Metro bus routes 17, 100, 412, 481, 483, 484, 485 and 486 will be detoured until the end of the race Sunday.
The following route detours will be in place from start of service until about 6 p.m. Sunday: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 10, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 30, 37, 100, 228, 320, 323, 325, 331, 338, 801, 803 and the University of Texas shuttles. Customers will have two main transfer points: Red River/12th and Burnet/Ashdale.
About 460 bus stops will be closed during the race. Riders will see “stop closed” signs on all of the affected stops.
This story has been updated with information about the Capital Metro route detours and stop closures.