The new site, www.My35Construction.com, includes details on upcoming lane closures, traffic incidents and travel delays in Hays, Travis and Williamson counties. Other tools include:
- an interactive map showing how a construction project affects I-35;
- alerts to notify drivers of potential issues before they leave;
- email notifications with lane closures and project updates;
- social media updates; and
- construction project information, such as timeline, cost and real-time updates.
TxDOT has more than 40 projects ultimately planned to improve I-35, although many remain unfunded. The agency has been constructing projects by piecemeal as funding becomes available. Most funding identified thus far has come from state propositions 1 and 7 that diverted more state funding to state roadways.
Active I-35 projects include:
- RM 1431-FM 3406: Two ramps on southbound I-35 will be reconstructed and reversed.
- FM 3406: The frontage roads will be improved, and the bridge over I-35 will be rebuilt.
- US 79-SH 45 N.: Braided ramps, where one ramp crosses over another, will be built on the northbound mainlanes, and the intersections at US 79 and I-35 will be reconstructed to include a third left-turn lane from westbound US 79.
- 51st Street: A southbound intersection bypass lane will be added, and the entrance/exit ramps will be reconfigured. Bicycle and pedestrian facilities also will be added.
- Oltorf Street: The bridge will be rebuilt, and the entrance/exit ramps and frontage roads will be improved. New U-turns will be added as well as bicycle and pedestrian enhancements.
- Stassney Lane-William Cannon Drive: The frontage road bridges over Williamson Creek and the bridges at Stassney and William Cannon will be rebuilt. The I-35 mainlanes will be widened with shoulders and extended entrance/exit lanes. U-turns will be added as well as bicycle and pedestrian facilities.
- Slaughter Creek overpass: The bridge will be replaced and a southbound to northbound U-turn bridge will be added. The project includes widening the southbound frontage road to two lanes and added safety lighting.
- RM 150-Blanco River: One new ramp will be added and five existing entrance/exit ramps will be modified.
For more information on I-35 projects, visit www.my35.org/capital.