Every opposed candidate in the Nov. 8 election must file a contributions and expenditures report 30 days before the election. This latest round of reports, the first mandated disclosure since this summer, covers all financials from July 1 to Sept. 29, according to the Texas Ethics Commission. The state does not have a report filed for Donaldson online.
Here is how much donation money each candidate has earned and spent during that timeframe:
- Justin Holland: $23,100 contributions, $12,975.97 expenditures
- Karen Jacobs: $18,005 contributions, $16,414.31 expenditures
Here are the top three financial supporters for each campaign between July 1 and Sept. 29:
- Apartment Association of Greater Dallas PAC, $2,500
- David Lane, $2,500
- Mark Andrews, $1,500
- Brian Berry, $1,500
- Garon Horton Esq., $1,500
- Corky Randolph, $1,500
- Stephen Jacobs, $10,000
- Peter Hancon, $1,500
- Rockwall County Democratic Party, $1,500
- Texas Democratic Women, $1,500
The next campaign finance report deadline is Oct. 31, or eight days before the election.