The Town Council meets at 7 p.m. on the fourth Monday of each month.
- Town Hall in the Solana Complex, 3 Village Circle, Westlake
Audio of Town Council meetings is available on request from the city secretary.
Top issues for 2012
- Road completion — FM 1938 (Davis Boulevard) was completed from Hwy. 114 south to the Southlake city limits.
- Development — Deloitte University, which created more than 400 jobs, finished its first full year; a convenience store and a wine/beverage store opened.
- Infrastructure — The town put in new sidewalks/trails on Dove and Ottinger roads, and added a north entrance to Westlake Academy.
- Westlake Academy — The school celebrated its 10th anniversary.
Top issues for 2013
- Westlake Academy — The town will be looking at Phase One of the proposed additions to Westlake Academy, which will require a bond issue.
- Infrastructure — Work includes completing a FM 1938 streetscape plan.
- Development — The town is dealing with increased development activity as homebuilding recovers —proposals for two large developments were submitted to town leaders.
- Comprehensive plan — The town will look at updating its plan this year.
Terms and compensation
Council members are elected for two-year terms and are not paid.