April 20-23: Enjoy a musical
The Lone Star College-University Park Drama Department presents “Pippin,” a musical based on the book by Roger O. Hirson, a coming-of-age story. Limited seating is available.
- 7:30 p.m. (April 20-22), 2:30 p.m. (April 23)
- $10 (students), $15 (general admission)
- Black Box Theatre, LSC-University Park, 20515 Hwy. 249, B12.135, Houston
The Tomball Rotary Club will host its annual fish fry fundraiser. Each fish dinner includes hush puppies. The event will also feature a live band and silent and 50-50 auctions. Tickets can be purchased at Worthley’s Appliance or online.
- 4-8 p.m. Juergens Park, 1331 Ulrich Road, Tomball
- $15 (dinner for one adult or two children under age 12)
Attendees can participate in a 5K or 1-mile fun run during the Tomball ISD Superintendent’s Fun Run with awards given out for the top three runners in each classification. The event will also include a festival featuring student performances, a kids zone, and a health and wellness fair. Attendees do not have to race to attend the festival.
- 8-11:30 a.m.
- Free (festival), $20 (1-mile), $30 (5K).
- Tomball Event Center, 20235 Cypress Rosehill Road, Tomball
Premier Martial Arts Magnolia is hosting an interactive child safety seminar for children to have fun and learn about topics including stranger danger, anti-abduction, safety awareness and more. Limited spaces are available. The event is open to children ages 5-11.
- 10-11:30 a.m.
- Free (registration required)
- Premier Martial Arts, 7395 FM 1488, Magnolia
The Houston Repertoire Ballet will perform its 2023 Celebration of Dance this weekend featuring “Giselle Act 2,” “Paper Suite,” “Vivaldi's Four Seasons” and “Rose Colored Melodies.” The performance will include two intermissions, and a preshow talk with choreographer Kristy Nilsson will be at 1:30 p.m. prior to each performance.
- 2 p.m.
- Tomball High School Theatre, 30330 Quinn Road, Tomball