Here's 5 things happening in Magnolia and Tomball this week.
1. Tomball Community Library hosts a partial solar eclipse viewing Monday, Aug. 21, at 11 a.m.-2:30 p.m. where a live image of the partial eclipse from a telescope will be displayed on a large screen TV monitor inside the library. For the first 50 people in attendance, the library will provide safe solar viewing glasses. The viewing will be held in the meeting room.
2. Tomball City Council will hold a regular meeting Monday, Aug. 21 at 6 p.m. at City Hall, located at 401 Market St., Tomball. City Council will vote whether to adopt the budget on second reading for the city's 2017-18 fiscal year.
3. Magnolia ISD holds its regular board of trustees meeting Monday, Aug. 21, at 6:30 p.m. at 31141 Nichols Sawmill Road, Magnolia. The board of trustees plan to approve the budget for fiscal year 2017-18, according to the meeting agenda.
4. The first day of school for Tomball ISD will be Tuesday, Aug. 22. Here's what to know about the first day of school in TISD.
5. 2920 Roadhouse Bar and Grill is now open at 21835 FM 2920, Hockley. The restaurant has historical significance as it is located in the former New Kentucky Township, a town that played an important part in the independence of Texas. View the menu and business hours here.