Neighborhood parties will take place throughout The Woodlands Oct. 8, when residents are encouraged to gather outside and mingle with neighbors.
Here are some activity ideas for National Night Out from The Woodlands Township:
- Cookie exchange
- “Neighbor of the Year” award
- Oldest resident award
- Longest resident award
- Neighbor trivia game
- Discuss area crime concerns
- Children’s bicycle parade or rodeo
- Sidewalk chalk art
- Duck pond
- Face painting
- Scavenger hunt
- Book exchange
- Cake walk
- Live music
- Plant exchange
- Water balloon fight
- Beautify a common area together
Here are answers to some frequently asked questions regarding hosting a party:
Q: Do I need to register my National Night Out Party?
A: Yes, fill out the party registration form online.
Q: What supplies come with hosting a party?
A: Balloons, a coordinator t-shirt, game ideas, crime prevention fliers, party invitations and a yard sign will be provided while supplies last.
Q: Will I be notified once I register for my party?
A: Yes, a program specialist from your Village will contact you with further details.
Q: When should I begin planning my party?
A: As soon as possible.
Here are the top 10 reasons to host a National Night Out Party, according to the township:
1. Getting to know your neighbors in the first step toward crime prevention
2. It can help organize or revitalize The Woodlands Township Neighborhood Watch on your street
3. In increases the sense of belonging in your neighborhood
4. You can share crime prevention tips and safety information
5. You can create a neighborhood e-mail directory
6. It starts a tradition
7. You can learn about your neighborhood’s history
8. You can discover your neighbor’s hidden talents
9. It helps strengthen police-community partnerships
10. It is fun!
For more information about National Night Out in The Woodlands, click here.