Entries for The Woodlands Wildflower Art Contest 2018 are now being accepted, The Howard Hughes Corporation announced Sept. 17. The deadline for submissions is Sept. 28 at 5 p.m.
Held simultaneously with The Woodlands Wildflower Festival, the annual art contest is open to artists in the following age groups: 4 years or younger, 5-8 years, 9-13 years, 14-18 years and adults age 19 or older.
First place prizes of $100 will be awarded in all four children’s categories, while the adult first place winner will be awarded $300. The grand prize winning entry across all four children’s categories will be used on the official recycled bag that is sold at the festival, and the winning adult entry will become the official poster sold at the festival, according to the press release.
Proceeds from both bag and poster sales will benefit The Woodlands Lions Club.
The following are requirements for all entries:
- Entries must portray a nature scene.
- Entries must be drawn on heavy, unlined white paper, canvas or poster board no larger than 11-by-17 inches.
- Entries must use preferred drawing materials, including watercolors, oils, pen and ink, pastels, crayons, colored pencils and markers.
- Entries must contain no writing on the front.
- Entries must be labeled on the back with the name, address, phone number and age (for children’s entries only).
- Entries must be turned in at The Howard Hughes Corporation, 1790 Hughes Landing Blvd., Ste. 600, The Woodlands, by Sept. 28 at 5 p.m.
According to the release, the winners will be notified in early October. The Howard Hughes Corporation is open Monday-Friday from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. to accept entries.
The 31st annual The Woodlands Wildflower Festival will take place Oct. 20 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Hughes Landing. During the event, thousands of wildflower seed packets are distributed; attendees can also visit local vendors and gardening exhibits, and enjoy inflatable rides, live music and entertainment, and appearances by Puffy Pine Cone and Bridgeland Bill.
For more information about The Woodlands Wildflower Festival and The Woodlands Wildflower Art Contest, click here.