“Following CDC, state, and local guidelines, the Discovery Center reinvented the visitor experience using outside-of-the-box thinking to continue to provide a safe and imaginative place for learning,” reads a press release from the center.
To maintain social distancing between families, visitors will participate in a one-way scavenger hunt through the museum that will guide them from exhibition to exhibition.
Additional health and safety precautions include:
- Capping capacity at 20% through the use of prereserved, timed tickets;
- No-contact entry with no-touch thermometer scans and hand sanitizing stations;
- Mandatory mask requirements for staff, adults and children age 2 and older;
- Enhanced cleaning with a larger sanitation crew to disinfect high-touch areas throughout the day and deep clean each night; and
- Removal of nine hands-on components.
The Fort Bend Children’s Discovery Center is open Tuesday-Saturday from 10 a.m.-6 p.m. For more information or to purchase tickets, visit www.childrensdiscoveryfb.org.