Whether kids are looking to get outdoors, learn a new language, express themselves through art and dance, or hone their academic skills, families can find a variety of camp options in Sugar Land and Missouri City.
This list is noncomprehensive.
1. Located at Faith Lutheran Church, Club SciKidz camps immerse children from pre-K through eighth grade in a variety of science-related topics, including meteorology, robotics, video games, surgery, coding and stop-motion animation.
Dates: June 14-July 30
800 Brooks St., Sugar Land
2. At two locations in Sugar Land, Code Ninjas offers campers ages 5-14 and of all skill levels the opportunity for hands-on coding experience. From designing a website to building a "Minecraft" world to becoming a "Roblox" developer, Code Ninjas camps aim to engage children in the worlds of science and technology. Virtual camps are available.
Dates: June 7-Aug. 13 (weekly)
Cost: $200 and up
18318 University Blvd., Ste. 100, Sugar Land
17101 Grand Parkway, Ste. 65, Sugar Land
3. iCode’s summer day camps are designed to prepare students ages 5-18 for school, higher education and the workforce. Camps explore science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics through game design, robotics, drones, virtual reality, app design and 3D printing. Virtual camps are also available.
Dates: June 7-Aug. 13 (day and week camps available)
4899 Hwy. 6, Ste. 113C, Missouri City
4. The Houston Museum of Natural Science at Sugar Land’s in-person summer camps feature engaging hands-on science and social studies activities. With camps titled "Booms and Blast Offs," "Movie Monster Maker" and "Build It Big"—to name a few—adventure awaits for campers age 6-12. The museum has updated its procedures in alignment with CDC recommendations, and virtual camps are also available via Zoom.
Dates: May 31-Aug. 6 (weekly)
Cost: varies by camp and member status
13016 University Blvd., Sugar Land
5. Language Kids World offers weeklong summer camps where campers ages 4-12 can learn the Spanish language through a variety of camp themes, including "Animal Planet," "Camp Picasso," "Adventures in Spain" and "Camp Safari." Camps incorporate hands-on activities, art, games, music and play to help children gain conversation skills and cultural awareness. Language Kids World also offers virtual camps in Spanish, Mandarin Chinese, German, French, Italian, English and American Sign Language.
Dates: June 7-Aug. 13 (weekly)
Cost: regular immersion, $265 per week (9 a.m.-3 p.m.); extended immersion, $45 per week (3-6 p.m.)
11325 Fountain Lake Drive, Stafford
6. Spanish Schoolhouse’s immersive summer camps for ages 3-8 aim to educate while entertaining. Campers can choose from a variety of theme-based camps in which they will learn Spanish culture and participate in hands-on activities, including science, music, art, cooking and games.
Dates: June 1-July 30 (weekly; camps offered two, three, four or five days a week; extended hours also available)
1120 Soldiers Field Drive, Sugar Land
7. Study Dorm’s academic summer camps offer full-day and half-day math, reading and writing instruction to students in fifth through 12th grade. Students will cover topics they might not have mastered during the previous school year as well as new subjects to prepare for next year in a fun classroom environment. High school students will also prepare for the SAT, PSAT and ACT.
Dates: June 7-Aug. 6
Cost: varies depending on camp duration
609 Dulles Ave., Ste. 500, Stafford
8. Abrakadoodle summer arts camps feature art lessons, games, crafts and other creative activities for children ages 3-12. Camp themes include "It’s a Jungle Out There," "Artosaurus STEAM," "Under the Sea" and "Space Art Adventure."
Dates: June 7-10, June 28-July 1, July 12-15, Aug. 2-5
Sienna Recreation, 10323 Mount Logan, Room Varney A, Missouri City
Other dates and locations: TBD
9. Inspiration Stage, a performing arts and theater studio, is offering a number of summer camp productions and masterclasses. The weeklong camps, which are open to children and young adults ages 4-19, culminate in a performance. Inspiration Stage will also have dance, musical theater and acting intensive camps, which will be taught by industry professionals.
Dates: June 7-July 30 (weekly)
Cost: $250 per week; cost for intensive camps varies
12794 Fountain Lake Circle, Stafford
10. School of Rock camps are designed to help students ages 5-18 with varying levels of music experience improve upon their performance skills and build upon their musical foundations. The weeklong camps each have a different focus, such as songwriting, classic rock, punk or metal.
Dates: June 7-11, June 14-18, June 28-July 2, July 19-23, Aug. 2-6
Cost: $399 per week
1935 Lakeside Plaza Drive, Sugar Land
11. Camp in the City, a program of Pine Cove Christian Summer Camp, brings summer camp to the Houston community. This year, Camp in the City has three Sugar Land and Missouri City locations. Campers entering first through sixth grades will engage in Bible studies and outdoor activities.
Dates: June 7-11, June 28-July 2 (depending on location)
Sugar Creek Baptist Church-Sugar Land Campus, 13223 Hwy. 59, Sugar Land
Sugar Creek Baptist Church-Missouri City Campus, 7555 Hwy. 6, Missouri City
Houston’s First Baptist Church-Sienna, 4309 Sienna Parkway, Missouri City
12. The Walden School’s summer camps, which have been running for 42 years, include reading and math labs as well as arts and crafts activities for infants through fifth-graders. The school also offers swimming, gymnastics, taekwondo and music programs as well as local field trips as part of its camp program, but activities may vary due to the pandemic.
Dates: June 7-Aug. 13
Cost: varies; approximately $825 per month
16103 Lexington Blvd., Ste. A, Sugar Land
13. Discovery Camp at the Fort Bend Family YMCA is available for children ages 5-11. Campers will participate in activities, including creative and performing arts, science and technology, and sports and outdoor games.
Dates: June 1-Aug. 20 (weekly)
Cost: $135 and up
4433 Cartwright Road, Missouri City
14. Summer camps through Fort Bend Tennis Services are designed for beginner, intermediate and advanced players ages 8-18. Campers will learn and advance their skills through fitness drills, instruction, coaching and activities.
Dates: summer (weekly)
Cost: $145 (Sugar Land residents), $155 (nonresidents)
15. With three different locations in Sugar Land and Missouri City, Safety America Summer Camps provide campers ages 4-13 day camp activities, such as an indoor zip line and rock wall, a "ninja warrior" course, karate and gymnastics as well as other sporting activities. Activities offered vary by location.
Dates: June 1-Aug. 14
Cost: $40 per day, $175 per week
Safety America Karate, 2595 Cordes Drive, Sugar Land
Sugar Land Gymnastics, 16215 Lexington Blvd., Sugar Land
Sienna Gymnastics and Karate, 4545 Sienna Parkway, Missouri City
16. At Sienna Stables, campers participate in a variety of activities that include practicing basic horseback riding skills; practicing Western, English and dressage riding techniques; learning about horse management and safety; and playing horseback games. The weeklong camps are designed for first-time, intermediate and advanced riders ages 6-15. Campers are placed in groups based on riding ability and age.
Dates: June 7-Aug. 13 (weekly)
Cost: $499 per rider
8255 Camp Sienna Trail, Missouri City
17. Camp Olympia summer camps at Olympia Gymnastics and Tumbling are open for students and nonstudents ages 4-13. Campers are placed in age groups and rotate through different activities, which include open gym time, sports and outside activities. During the course of camp, there will also be special event days, such as "Carnival Day" or "Water Day." Extended care and meal options are available for an additional cost.
Dates: June 14-18, July 12-16, Aug. 9-13
Cost: $225 per week (existing students), $240 per week (nonstudents); early bird and sibling discounts and bundles available
7100 Knights Court, Missouri City
18. USA Ninja Challenge day camps work to build confidence in children ages 6-12 through fun and fitness. Throughout the camp, children of all ability levels will engage in the sport of ninja, which combines jumping, climbing, swinging, traversing and floor exercise to navigate obstacle courses.
202 Industrial Blvd., Ste. 903, Sugar Land