Malala Elementary School, located at 11770 W. Aliana Trace Drive, Richmond, is FBISD's 51st elementary school.
Students and family had the opportunity to visit the campus Jan. 6 prior to the first day of class for a ribbon-cutting ceremony, guided tour and preview night.
The building is named after Malala Yousafzai, a Pakistani advocate for women’s education. At age 17, she became the youngest recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize.
Malala Elementary School has a split feeder pattern, so while all of its students will go to Garcia Middle School, 75% of students will go to Travis High School, and the other 25% will attend Austin High School.
FBISD is hosting a dedication ceremony for the school at 2 p.m. on Feb. 23.