Added Cheryl Sterling to District A, Sam Chatriwala and Raj Joseph to District C, and Cindy Forney to District D.
Updated July 29, 10:19 a.m.:
District D incumbent Floyd Emery applied to run for re-election.
Updated July 23, 9:07 a.m.:
District B incumbent Jeffrey Boney announced his run for re-election.
Candidates who want to run for Missouri City City Council positions A, B, C and D can begin filing for a place on the ballot July 20.
The city, in a release, said it would start accepting applications on the next regular business day, July 22, starting at 8 a.m.
The term of office for the council member positions is two years—November 2019-21.
Several people have already kicked off campaigns, either via social media announcements or press release, including:
Reginald Pearson, District A council member
Cheryl Sterling, retired educator
Jeffrey Boney, District B council member
JaPaula Kemp, attorney and Missouri City TIRZ board member
Anthony Maroulis, District C council member
Sam Chatriwala, engineering consultant
Raj Joseph, lecturer
Floyd Emery, District D council member
Cindy Forney, self-employed
- July 20: first day to file for place on the ballot
- Aug. 19: last day to file an application for a place on the ballot
- Aug. 23: last day for a write-in candidate to declare candidacy
- Aug. 26: last day for a ballot candidate and write-in candidate to withdraw from the election and have name removed
- Sept. 21: first day candidate political signs may be posted
- Nov. 5: Election Day