Several meetings and events take place in Sugar Land and Missouri City this week, Feb. 5-10.
1) Today is the deadline to register to vote in time for the 2018 Texas primary election. If you’ve recently moved, be sure to update your address. Click here to register.
2) Missouri City City Council meets Monday night for a special meeting at 5:30 p.m. and a regular meeting at 7 p.m. at City Hall, 1522 Texas Parkway, Missouri City. Agenda items include a presentation of February’s Black History Month events and an update on the city’s animal shelter. To view the full agenda, click here.
3) Sugar Land City Council meets at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday at City Hall, 2700 Town Center Blvd., Sugar Land. Council will hold a public hearing regarding the 2018 Parks, Recreation and Open Space Master Plan update. Council will also consider naming the city’s festival site, located near the Brazos River and Hwy. 59. View the full agenda here.
4) Missouri City is partnering with Harris County and the cities of Galveston and Pasadena for a fair housing choice community meeting at 4 p.m. Tuesday at City Hall, 1522 Texas Parkway, Missouri City. For more information, click here.
5) Missouri City hosts its Visitors Center Grand Opening Friday and Saturday to promote tourism and Black History Month celebrations. A ribbon cutting ceremony and drawings will take place from 5-6 p.m. during the grand opening Friday at the Visitors Center, 1522 Texas Parkway, Missouri City. Then, Black History Celebration Weekend kicks off at 6 p.m. Friday, and festivities will continue through Saturday evening. For full details on these events, click here.