Wishbone Pet Care owner strives to provide quality services

Grooming services offered at Wishbone Pet Care include traditional baths as well as "pawdicures," mud baths and creative grooming, where groomers dye the dog's hair.
Bui screens all the products she sells in the shop in order to provide high-quality food from family-owned businesses and treats to her customers.
Becoming a pet owner 11 years ago changed the course of Tammi Bui’s career. Bui, whose background is in marketing and graphic design, said she never imagined that one day, she would own a pet business.

But that changed the day she met her dog, Benji, at the animal shelter.
“He just came towards me ... he flipped backward and let me pet him,” Bui said. “For some reason, it just clicked, and I was like, ‘This is the one.’”

Bui said soon after adopting Benji, she transformed from just a pet owner into a pet parent as Benji became a priority in her life.

When she opened Wishbone Pet Care eight years ago, Bui said she wanted to give other pet parents a safe place to drop their dog off for doggie day care, boarding and grooming. She said she does not want people to feel guilty about dropping their dog off for the day or for overnight boarding.

“I want to be able to provide my customers with what I know about my dog,” Bui said. “I'm very passionate because any customer that walks in, even though I don't know who they are...I feel like I have one connection with them already. We are both pet parents.”

Wishbone Pet Care offers all-inclusive boarding, featuring built-in play time, walks and socialization. Wishbone Pet Care also provides grooming services and dental care.

The business also sells a variety of products, including dog and cat food, treats and toys. Bui said she researches all the products she sells in her store, and nearly all of the products are from family-owned companies.

A little less than three months ago, Wishbone Pet Care moved to a bigger space in the same Missouri City strip center, where they have the capacity to keep 50-70 dogs at a time, depending on if some are a part of the same family.

Bui said Wishbone is careful to not get too big or board too many dogs at once because it is a priority that they know each dog’s name and temperament.
“It’s not easy to hand your pet to someone and feel that, ‘I’m ok,’ so we take a lot of pride in the fact that our customer allows us to be that one,” she said.

Wishbone Pet Care

4729 Hwy. 6, Missouri City

281-208-3708

www.wishbonepetcare.com

Hours: Mon.-Fri. 7:15 a.m.-6 p.m., Sat. 9 a.m.-5 p.m.

In order for your dog to stay at Wishbone Pet Care, they must:

Be in good health and not have been exposed to any contagious illnesses 30 days prior to boarding

Have proof of rabies, DHPP, Bordetella and Canine Influenza vaccines

Be flea- and tick-free

Have a meet-and-greet with staff for a temperament and health screening

By Claire Shoop
Claire joined Community Impact Newspaper in September 2019 as the reporter for the Sugar Land/Missouri City edition. She graduated from The University of Texas at Austin in May 2019 where she studied journalism, government and Arabic. While in school, Claire was a fellow for The Texas Tribune, worked for the student newspaper, The Daily Texan, and spent a semester in Washington, D.C. She enjoys playing cards with her family and listening to the Boss, Bruce Springsteen.

Photo of an H-E-B store
H-E-B makes curbside services free

Previously, curbside shoppers were charged a $4.95 fee on all orders, but moving forward that fee will be waived on purchases of $35 or more. Orders worth less than $35 will have a $2.95 "small basket surcharge" attached.

According to the county, Fort Bend is the No. 1 per capita fully-vaccinated county jurisdiction in the state with 51.54% of residents recorded. (Courtesy UH College of Nursing)
Fort Bend leads Texas in vaccination efforts according to state data, county says

According to the county, Fort Bend is the No. 1 per capita fully-vaccinated county jurisdiction in the state with 51.54% of residents recorded.

Imperio Wine & Spirits sells a variety of liquor, beer, wine and spirits. (Courtesy Adobe Stock)
Imperio Wine & Spirits opens in Katy; Montgomery Chick-fil-A to open dining room and more Houston-area news

Read the latest business and community news from the Greater Houston area.

The Fort Bend Children’s Discovery Center will open for the summer on June 8. (Courtesy Fort Bend Children's Discovery Center)
Ahead of June reopening, Fort Bend Children's Discovery Center celebrates 5th anniversary

The Fort Bend Children’s Discovery Center will open for the summer on June 8.

On April 2, New Strength Pilates moved to a larger location on Riverstone Boulevard in Missouri City. (Courtesy Adobe Stock)
New Strength Pilates relocates to larger Missouri City studio

The Missouri City business of 16 years offers private sessions and group classes that help clients become pain free.

See how some Greater Houston area school districts are planning to go back to school for the 2021-22 academic year. (Courtesy Adobe Stock)
See how some Greater Houston area school districts are planning to go back to school for the 2021-22 academic year

While some school districts in the Greater Houston area are doing away with face mask requirements and virtual schooling completely, others are pivoting to continue offering online learning options for students and plan to require face masks.

masks
CDC ends all mask requirements for fully vaccinated people

The guidance states fully vaccinated people do not need to wear masks indoors or outdoors.

Hwy. 36A has not been approved as a project, so the route of the road has not been decided. However, this map shows the study area for the road. (Courtesy Highway 36A Coalition)
TxDOT, advocacy group look at feasibility of Hwy. 36A corridor through Brazoria, Fort Bend, Waller counties

The Highway 36A Coalition is hoping to get the road placed on HGAC's 2045 Regional Transportation Plan.

House Bill 1024, signed into law May 12, allows restaurants and bars to permanently sell alcoholic beverages to-go. (Courtesy Pexels)
Cocktails to-go are here to stay in Texas: Gov. Greg Abbott signs change into law May 12

Supporters say the change will help restaurants continue to recover from the economic effects of the coronavirus pandemic.

Applications will open May 17 for small businesses seeking monetary relief through Fort Bend County's small business emergency grant program because of the COVID-19 pandemic. (Photo courtesy Pexels)
New funding available soon for small businesses hit by COVID-19 in Fort Bend County

Small businesses in Fort Bend County that have been impacted by the coronavirus pandemic can soon apply for up to $25,000 in relief due to new funding made available by the county.

3323 Oaklawn Place Drive, a 1,804-square-foot house in Olympia Estates, sold for between $185,001-$215,000 on Jan. 30. (Courtesy Houston Association of Realtors)
Median price of homes sold increased across Sugar Land, Missouri City year over year in March

Find recent real estate trends, plus information on the Missouri City neighborhood Olympia Estates here.