Here is a look at some new local businesses as well as one that will be opening soon.
1. Nitro Nutrition celebrated its grand opening April 1 at 21920 FM 1314, Porter. The business offers meal replacement shakes, loaded teas, boost drinks and protein waffles. 281-354-1594. www.facebook.com/nitroshack1314
2. On May 1, K&S Sportswear reopened at its new, larger storefront located at 20121 W. Lake Houston Parkway, Ste. 1400, Humble. Previously located at 5735 FM 1960 E., Humble, the family-owned business first opened in 1995 and offers full-service screen printing and embroidery. 281-852-2918. www.ks-sportswear.com
3. Twisted Ice Co. opened April 10 at 21898 FM 1314, Ste. A, Porter. The business offers a menu of fresh fruit smoothies, shaved ice, espresso-based frozen beverages and ice cream treats. 832-400-3306. www.twistedice.com
4. Hella Bubble celebrated the grand opening of its new Kingwood location April 22. Located at 2714 W. Lake Houston Parkway, Ste. 158, the Houston-based business offers fruit teas, milk teas, lattes, brewed teas and smoothies, with drink toppings, such as boba and homemade milk foam. 281-570-2831. www.hellabubble.com
5. National chiropractic care provider The Joint Chiropractic is planning to open a second location in Humble, according to Texas Department of Licensing and Regulations documents. While an estimated opening date is not yet available, a remodeling of the space The Joint Chiropractic will occupy is projected to be completed by July 24. Located in the Townsen Crossing shopping center at 9490 FM 1960 Bypass Road W., Ste. 400, The Joint Chiropractic will provide services aimed at reducing joint restrictions and misalignments to reduce inflammation and improve function of both the affected joint and the nervous system. 281-819-0789. www.thejoint.com