Here are the 10 Impacts that received the most views during 2019 in the Katy area.
10. Garages of Texas to open location in Katy
The business held a groundbreaking event in February but has not yet opened at 1435 FM 1463, Katy. Read the original story here.
9. MD Anderson Cancer Center opens outpatient center in Katy-area
The long-awaited University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center opened its new outpatient center located at 13900 Katy Freeway, Houston, with a ribbon-cutting June 20. Read the original story here.
8. Tim Ho Wan to open at Katy Grand development
The dim sum restaurant announced this summer it would open a location inside Katy Grand development at 23330 Grand Circle Blvd., Ste. 180, Katy. The Micheline Star restaurant eyes a late 2019 or early 2020 opening date. Read the original story here.
7. In-N-Out Burger opening Katy-area restaurant Nov. 22
The Katy In-N-Out opened to long lines of cars and people in late November at 1010 Katy-Fort Bend Road, Katy, Read the original story here.
6. Corky's Ribs & BBQ in Katy area closes
After opening in February, the Memphis-based barbecue restaurant located at 20455 Katy Freeway, Katy, shuttered its doors in December. However, the eatery will continue to offer catering in Katy and will rent out the facility for events. Read the original story here.
5. Duluth Trading Co. opens Katy-area store
The retailer opened in February at 24731 Katy Freeway, Katy, and sells clothing, accessories and outdoor gear for men and women. Read the original story here.
4. MOD Pizza to open store on North Fry Road in Katy area
The pizzeria chain opened its third Katy-area location at 1330 N. Fry Road, Katy, this summer. Read the original story here.
3. El Rancho Supermarket to open new Katy-area store in mid-June
The Texas-based brand opened in June at 3050 N. Fry Road, Katy. El Rancho is dedicated to selling products similar to what is available in Mexico. Read the original story here.
2. Bombshells Restaurant & Bar to open location in Katy area
The Katy-area location of Bombshells Restaurant & Bar opened in October at 20516 Katy Freeway, Katy. The brand offers discounts on meals for veterans and active members of the U.S. military. Read the original story here.
1. Mason Jar in Katy area closes its doors
The longtime Houston restaurant had opened at 727 W. Grand Parkway S., Katy, in February but closed a few months later in October. Read the original story here.