Claims are down 33% from the March 18-April 18 time frame.
See a breakdown by ZIP code below.
- 77040: 1,468 claimants (5.5% of the workforce)
- 77064: 1,615 claimants (6.0% of the workforce)
- 77065: 1,278 claimants (6.2% of the workforce)
- 77070: 1,695 claimants (5.8% of the workforce)
- 77095: 2,366 claimants (5.9% of the workforce)
- 77429: 2,346 claimants (5.3% of the workforce)
- 77433: 2,849 claimants (7.1% of the workforce)
Statewide, 688,889 individuals filed claims from April 15-May 16. Full-service restaurants, support activities for oil and gas operations, elementary and secondary schools, general medical and surgical hospitals and department stores were the most-affected job sectors during that time frame, according to state data.
Unemployed individuals looking for work can visit www.workintexas.com to find job openings in their area.