1. House of Pies to bring next location to Cypress
House of Pies first confirmed its entrance into Cypress in March. The eatery and bakery opened in December at the former location of PDQ on Hwy. 290.
2. Houston Methodist announces plans for new 400-bed hospital in Cypress
A new Houston Methodist hospital is slated to open within the next few years off Hwy. 290 in Cypress, officials announced this May. The property was formerly occupied by Sysco Corp.
3. Developers break ground on new master-planned community Dunham Pointe in Cypress
Nearly 15 years after former energy executive Archie Dunham purchased a 1,327-acre tract of land off Hwy. 290, the new master-planned community Dunham Pointe broke ground in 2021. Model homes from each builder are expected to open in early spring.
4. New tenants announced for Rock Creek shopping center at Grant, Spring Cypress roads
The Shops at Rock Creek welcomed new tenants this year, including Domino’s Pizza and Wingstop.
5. Krab Kingz opens Cypress storefront
After operating a food truck on the same site, officials with Krab Kingz opened a Cypress storefront in early 2021.
6. Adriatic Cafe temporarily closes Jersey Village location after fire
Local Italian eatery Adriatic Café was damaged by fire in Jersey Village in early August. Restaurant officials recently confirmed via a Facebook post rebuilding is expected to start in February 2022.
7. Get a sneak peek at plans for Cy-Fair ISD’s 57th, 58th elementary schools
Several new Cy-Fair ISD campuses and facilities are under construction throughout the district. The board of trustees reviewed design plans for two elementary schools in February.
8. FIRST LOOK: Howard Hughes Corp. announces new details about Bridgeland's Prairieland Village
Developers of Bridgeland announced detailed plans for a new village within the master-planned community this spring. Prairieland Village will have Bridgeland’s first homes west of the Grand Parkway.
9. League City butcher shop expanding with new location in Cypress
Stone Cold Meats announced early this year plans to open a Cypress location. The butcher shop and full-service deli opened in late April.
10. Local families partnering to bring Lambeau’s Sports Bar & Grill to Cypress
Following the closure of Masones Pub & Grill, the owners of LT’s Sports Bar & Grill partnered with another local couple to open Lambeau’s Sports Bar & Grill this fall.