GIFT GUIDE: 17 local spots to shop this holiday season in Cy-Fair
AR Workshop Cypress offers holiday-themed DIY workshops including decor and ornament building. (Courtesy AR Workshop Cypress)
No matter who is left on the holiday shopping list, Cy-Fair has a number of local shops and businesses with gift ideas for people of all interests. This list is not comprehensive.
FOR A CUSTOMIZED GIFT
1. Direct Vinyl Supply offers adhesive and heat-transfer vinyls as well as glitter and other crafting supplies.
11911 Jones Road, Ste. 5, Houston. 832-869-4767. www.directvinylsupply.com
Hours: Mon.-Sat. 10 a.m.-6 p.m., closed Sun.
FOR THE CREATIVE
2. Sew Houston offers classes for all ages. Lessons can be taken privately, taken in groups or booked as parties.
7710 Cherry Park Drive, Ste. F, Houston. 832-264-1119. www.sewhouston.com
Hours: Tue.-Sat. 10 a.m.-2 p.m., closed Sun.-Mon.
3. AR Workshop Cypress offers do-it-yourself workshops, including private, public and event classes. The shop can also create home decor or gifts.
16718 House & Hahl Road, Ste. C1, Cypress. 832-653-7277. www.arworkshop.com/cypress
Hours: Mon.-Sat. 10 a.m.-2 p.m., closed Sun.
FOR THE HOST
4. Sicola’s Florist features bouquets and gifts for all occasions, including the holidays. Flowers can be ordered by color theme or type of flower.
11901 Barker Cypress Road, Cypress: 713-686-0627. 9516 Jones Road, Houston: 713-686-6447. www.sicolasflorist.com
Hours: Mon.-Fri. 9 a.m.-6 p.m., Sat. 10 a.m.-5 p.m., closed Sun.
5. The Brook Home & Gift sells gift items including clothing, jewelry, home goods and decorations.
12344 Barker Cypress Road, Ste. 160, Cypress. 832-653-3041. www.thebrookhomeandgift.com
Hours: Mon.-Fri. 10.a.m-6 p.m., Sat. 10 a.m.-5 p.m., closed Sun.
FOR THE FOODIE
6. Copper Kettle Chocolate Factory features a variety of holiday specialties, including peppermint bark, cordial cherries and assorted gift boxes.
15014 Spring Cypress Road, Ste. 145, Cypress. 281-547-7878. www.copperkettlechocolates.com
Hours: Tue.-Sat. 10 a.m.-6 p.m., closed Sun.-Mon.
7. Popcorn Blast sells a variety of popcorn served in tins or its signature cones. Some of its specialty flavors include white chocolate peppermint, red-hot cinnamon and salted caramel.
8475 Hwy. 6, Houston. 832-593-4300. www.popcorn-blast.com
Hours: Mon.-Sat. noon-7 p.m., closed Sun.
FOR THE HARD TO SHOP FOR
8. Little Eclectic House offers clothing, furniture and jewelry. Themed gifts and baked goods are also sold for the holidays.
15515 Mueschke Road, Cypress. 281-256-6242. www.facebook.com/littleeclectichouse
Hours: Wed.-Sat. 10 a.m.-5:30 p.m., Sun. 1-4 p.m., closed Mon.-Tue.
FOR THE NEW IN TOWN
9. Anything Bling Boutique sells women’s clothing and accessories, including bags, hats and jewelry. The store also has a holiday shop for themed gifts.
126 Vintage Park Blvd., Ste. S, Houston: 281-251-8844. 25905 Hwy. 290, Ste. H, Cypress: 281-758-2661. www.shopanythingbling.com
Hours: Mon.-Sat. 10 a.m.-6 p.m., Sun. noon-4 p.m.
10. Suburban Girl offers women’s clothing as well as accessories and bath and body products. Gift items, such as fragrances and candles, are also available.
12320 Barker Cypress Road, Ste. 900, Cypress. 281-758-3636. www.suburbangirlcypress.com
Hours: Mon.-Fri. 10 a.m.-6 p.m., Sat. 10 a.m.-5 p.m., closed Sun.
FOR THE GAMER
11. Dragon’s Lair Comics & Fantasy offers comics, games and classes for guests to learn about and play tabletop and role-playing games.
21151A Hwy. 249, Houston. 832-761-0072. www.dlair.net
Hours: Sat.-Thu. 10 a.m.-10 p.m., Fri. 10 a.m.-11 p.m.
12. The Comic Vault sells comic books; figurines; and game boards, cards and pieces. Customers can contact the store if they are searching for a specific item.
8350 Fry Road, Cypress: 832-220-6509. 15210 West Road, Houston: 346-732-1350. www.thecomicvault.com
Hours: Mon.-Sat. 10 a.m.-9 p.m., Sun. 11 a.m.-6 p.m.
FOR THE OUTDOORSY
13. Golf Carts of Cypress offers a variety of carts for the golfer on the go. The shop allows customers to schedule test drives to find the cart with the right fit.
16518 House & Hahl Road, Cypress. 281-369-8332. www.golfcartscypress.com
Hours: Mon.-Fri. 9 a.m.-6 p.m., closed Sat.-Sun.
14. Vintage Cycle sells bicycles and bicycle gear, including lights and helmets.
20326 Hwy. 249, Ste. 300, Houston. 281-547-8021. www.vintagecyclebikes.com
Hours: Tue.-Sat. 11 a.m.-7 p.m., Sun. noon-5 p.m., closed Mon.
FOR THE UNIQUE
15. Angel’s Rocks and Fossils offers rocks and mineral specimens including crystals and fossils for collectors, educators and decorators.
12918 Malcomson Road, Houston. 346-336-6986. www.rocksandfossilsluke1940.com
Hours: Tue.-Sat. 10 a.m.-6 p.m., closed Sun.-Mon.
16. The Craft Cigar Company sells a variety of cigars and smoking accessories such as cigar boxes and humidification devices.
15103 Mason Road, Ste. B5, Cypress. 281-213-2117. www.cigarshopcypress.com
Hours: Mon.-Thu. 11 a.m.-8 p.m., Fri.-Sat. 11 a.m.-9 p.m., Sun. Noon-6 p.m.
17. Forever Diamonds Fine Custom Jewelry sells necklaces, earrings and jewelry sets. The business also takes custom requests.
11930 Barker Cypress Road, Cypress. 281-746-2009. www.foreverdiamondsfcj.com
Hours: Mon.-Sat. 10 a.m.-5 p.m., closed Sun.