Looking for a new restaurant to try? Here are five dining options that opened recently or were announced to be coming soon in the Conroe and Montgomery area.
1. H-Bistrot opened a second location, 401 College St., Ste 150, in downtown Montgomery on April 7. Owner Steve Hari said H-Bistrot offers food, wine and beer with charcuterie and cheese boards.
The original H-Bistrot is located in Huntsville. 832-870-9303. www.h-bistrot.com.
2. The Noodle Korean BBQ and Tea Bar, a fast-casual restaurant offering a variety of ramen dishes and Korean barbecue, held its soft opening April 20. The Noodle also includes a full bar. It is located at 215 S. Loop 336 W., Ste. 700, Conroe, within 336 Marketplace. Facebook: The Noodle Korean BBQ & TEA bar.
3. Twisted Oak Bar + Kitchen, an upscale restaurant serving American-style cuisine, will open this summer within Woodforest's Pine Market, Woodforest announced in an April 13 news release. Pine Market is located at 791 Fish Creek Thoroughfare, Montgomery.
The menu spans more than 400 items, serving American-style cuisine with international flavors, according to the release, and guests can enjoy indoor or patio dining as well as private dining spaces for larger groups. www.twistedoaktx.com
4. Dough Baby Bakeshop, located at 107 Old River Road, Ste. I, Montgomery, opened April 15. Owner Allyson Gray said the community came out to help celebrate the grand opening.
Dough Baby Bakeshop offers breakfast items, such as biscuits and gravy as well as breakfast tacos. The bakeshop also offers lunch, such as cheesesteaks, burgers and chicken salad croissants. The bakery portion is stocked with lemon bars, cupcakes, cookies and pastries. Gray said the most popular items are the cinnamon rolls and brownies. 936-446-0208. www.doughbabybakeshop.com
5. Feng Cha Teahouse held a soft opening in April and its grand opening May 13. The teahouse is located at 449 S. Loop 336 W., Ste. 900, Conroe, and features fruit and boba teas as well as desserts. 936-267-2903. www.fengchausa.com