Colleyville Woman's Club

Organization to host its holiday home tour

The annual Colleyville Woman's Club Holiday Home Tour being held Dec. 7 offers a look at some of the city's most beautifully decorated homes, but this year is special for the club because it is the 30th anniversary of the holiday event.

"This year we have five homes, all in Colleyville, that all have different styles of decorations and memorabilia, so there will be something for everyone," CWC President Carol Wollin said.

As individuals progress through the homes there will be a stop for snacks, demonstrations, an opportunity to visit Santa Claus, buy poinsettias ($10) and multiple vendors.

"This is one of our main fundraisers," Wollin said. "We start getting ready for this in the summer; sometimes it's a year process just to find a home."

This year the homes of Jan and Steve Davidson, Cindy and Charlie Warner, Amy and Chris Putnam, Joan Vandergriff ,and Suzanne and Demetri Jobson will be featured on the tour.

Proceeds from the event go to fund various scholarships and grants.

"I've probably been decorating my home since Sept. 1," Cindy Warner said in a telephone interview as she decorated juniper trees in her front yard.

"The outside of my home is styled in a whimsical, Dr. Seuss style," Cindy Warner said. "There is lots of red and white, candy and lollypops. Lots and lots of lollypops."

Each room in Warner's house is decorated in its own style—the dining room is covered in a bell motif and uses red and gold as primary colors. The entryway has a Santa Clause–themed Christmas tree.

"My children love coming home to see the decorations. I always like to do something different from year-to-year," Cindy Warner said.

Putnam chose to decorate her home in a "rustic transition" theme.

"Rustic transition is Texas-themed," Amy Putnam said. "Think Texas Hill Country with a bit of modern. It has clean lines, not a lot of clutter, rich leather, ribbons and burlap. It is definitely a casual theme."

About the club

"Just this year we have given $93,000 to charitable causes," Wollin said. "In total, we reached $3.3 million in giving to scholarships and grants."

The group is also active in volunteer service throughout the community and has multiple special interest groups that devote even more time to specific endeavors.

About the tour

Time, date and tickets

The Holiday Home Tour is Dec. 7 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Tickets can be purchased in advance for $20 in Colleyville at Market Street, Alternative Health Shoppe and Whole Foods or at The Colleyville Woman's Club website at shop.c-w-c.org or for $25 on the day of the event. Tickets can also be purchased at Cotton Patch Cafe in Grapevine and North Richland Hills, Good Things for All Seasons, Grapevine, Apple Annie's, Hurst and the The Christmas Shoppe, Southlake.

Featured homes

• Jan and Steve Davidson Theme: Sparkle and Shine

• Suzanne and Demetri Jobson Theme: A Reflection of Family and Travel

• Amy and Chris Putnam Theme: Texas Hill Country Comes to Colleyville

• Joan Vandergriff Theme: Heritage Hill victorian mansion

• Cindy and Charlie Warner Theme: An abundance of Christmas

By Kyle G. Horst
Kyle G. has been in the newspaper business since 2006. A graduate of The University of Texas at Tyler, he filled nearly every position with the student-run newspaper, The Patriot Talon. After moving to South Dakota, Kyle G. became the senior city government reporter for the Watertown Public Opinion, a daily newspaper serving a community of 20,000 residents. Kyle G. is now the editor of the Grapevine/Colleyville/Southlake (GCS) edition of the Community Impact Newspaper. He covers transportation, business, city and education news.

hotel room
New Hilton Garden Inn opens in Grapevine as city's first tri-branded hotel

The new Hilton Garden Inn hotel will be adjacent to the current Courtyard by Marriott and the TowneSuites by Marriott near Bass Pro Court in Grapevine.

Jim's Pizza is relocating to Eldorado Parkway. (Community Impact staff)
Jim's Pizza relocating in McKinney; Lucy's Lot closes in Grapevine and more top DFW-area news

Read the top business and community news from the past week from the Dallas-Fort Worth area.

The program, which began this week in San Marcos, gives Amazon and Whole Foods employees and contractors direct access to COVID-19 vaccinations. (Courtesy Amazon)
Amazon begins rollout of statewide vaccination clinics for employees

The program, which began this week in San Marcos, gives Amazon and Whole Foods employees and contractors direct access to COVID-19 vaccinations.

The Spicy Fried Chicken Sando is one of several offerings on Fuku's menu. (Courtesy Fuku)
Fried chicken kitchen opens in Plano; The Heritage Table to reopen in Frisco and more DFW-area news

Read the latest business and community news from the Dallas-Fort Worth area.

climbing wall
Grapevine Summit Climbing Yoga to break ground on new facility

Summit Climbing Yoga and Fitness will break ground for a new facility on April 22 as the business marks 20 years in Grapevine.

Federal funding is set aside for public schools to address effects of the pandemic. (Courtesy Adobe Stock)
Why Texas has not yet distributed $18 billion in federal funds intended for public schools

As budget decisions loom for school districts across Texas, state leaders are holding on to federal funds intended for public schools to use in addressing the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.

The Electric Reliability Council of Texas said power outages are not expected April 13, while requesting energy conservation. (Iain Oldman/Community Impact Newspaper)
UPDATE: ERCOT call for energy conservation ends April 13 without need for power outages

An ERCOT official said "tight" supply and demand conditions arose on the state's electric grid April 13 due to forecasting issues amid planned, seasonal maintenance outages by some power generators.

construction zone
Tarrant County still deciding how to choose projects to include in upcoming transportation bond

April 16 is the deadline for Tarrant County municipalities to submit project ideas for the $400 million transportation bond measure that voters will consider in November.

vaccine administered
COVID-19 update: Tarrant County vaccine appointments canceled at last minute

Residents scheduled to get the Johnson & Johnson vaccine at AT&T Stadium April 13 received last-minute notice that their appointments were canceled, according to a Tarrant County briefing.

The chain has several restaurants in Texas, including two in College Station. (Courtesy I Heart Mac & Cheese)
I Heart Mac & Cheese coming to Highland Village; Gyro Shop opens in Frisco and more DFW-area news

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and U.S. Food and Drug Administration recommended health providers pause distribution of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine April 13. (Olivia Aldridge/Community Impact Newspaper)
State, federal health authorities recommend pause of Johnson & Johnson vaccine after 6 rare, severe blood clots

Hub providers in Dallas, Harris and Travis counties have all announced they will follow the recommendations and pause distribution of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.

Grapevine looks to build on its local esports community

Efforts include the expansion of GCISD's esports program to middle schools this fall, along with the opening of an Esports Academy this summer at the local library.