May 25-27 | See an art exhibition
The McKinney Plein Air Society Show is open for viewing at The Martin Place through May 27. The show features work from more than 20 artists. The organization promotes the “en plein air” painting process in which artists paint while outdoors and immersed in nature.
- 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- The Martin Place, 1799 N. Graves St., McKinney
- 972-548-7575. https://bit.ly/3Ag6sdP
Sue Foley will perform at the McKinney Performing Arts Center in downtown. Foley has played guitar since she was 13 years old and has toured Canada and North America performing blues music. The event will offer a cash bar.
- 7-9 p.m.
- $75 (reserved seating)
- McKinney Performing Arts Center, 111 N. Tennessee St., McKinney
- 972-547-2650. www.mckinneytexas.org/Calendar.aspx?EID=20841
The Texas Youth Ballet will perform outdoors at Bonnie Wenk Park. The performance will include ballot pieces from both classic and original works. The event is lawn seating only for attendees watching the performance.
- 3-4 p.m.
- Bonnie Wenk Park, 2996 Virginia Parkway, McKinney
- 214-477-9434. https://bit.ly/43S9TEW
The 27th annual Texas Music Revolution event will feature over 75 bands on more than 15 stages. The two-day event is presented by KHYI 95.3. The current lineup includes Charlie Robison, Kevin Fowler, Chris Knight and John Baumann on June 2. The second day of the festival will include performances from Shane Smith & the Saints, Adam Hood, and Micky & the Motorcars. More artists are being added to the lineup weekly.
- Performances begin at 3 p.m.
- $49-$249 (ticket price)
- Downtown McKinney, 111 N. Tennessee St., McKinney
The traveling Altairan Nights show will be in north McKinney for three days. The fantasy event includes live combat by armored knights, a horse show, a drone light show and more. Attendees will be assigned to a faction of the fantasy world Altaira and can cheer on their faction’s knights throughout the event.
- 5-10 p.m.
- $25-$45 (admission)
- Myers Park and Event Center, 7117 County Road 166, McKinney
- 208-946-8692. www.altairalightfestival.com/texasaltairannights
June 3 | Run a 5K on National Trails Day
The first annual Trinity Falls Trail Day 5K will feature a scenic race path routed through the 350 acres of parkland in the master-planned community. Following the race, the event will include vendors, photo opportunities, food trucks, model home tours, a ladybug release and more. The event will benefit local McKinney nonprofits, including Community Garden Kitchen, Hug’s Cafe, Shiloh’s Place and more.
- 8-11 a.m.
- $30 (race participants)
- The Lodge at Trinity Falls, 105 Parkland Crescent, McKinney
- 972-548-5008. www.trinityfalls.com/trails-day-5k
The second annual Millhouse MuralFest at the McKinney Cotton Mill will feature as many as 18 murals painted on the walls of the historic venue. There will also be mobile murals up for auction, with proceeds benefiting the artists and the Millhouse Foundation. The event will also include food and drinks for purchase from Tasty Casa, live music and activities for kids. Event attendees with a VIP pass can attend a meet-the-artist event prior to the festival June 2.
- 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Free (MuralFest admission), $100 (VIP pass)
- The McKinney Cotton Mill, 610 Elm St., McKinney
- 202-810-2101. www.millhousefoundation.org/millhouse-mckinney
Local Yocal will host singer-songwriter Shawn Camp and country singer Zane Williams as part of the SongDog Concert Series. The event will feature both performances and storytelling in a listening-room style venue. There will also be food and drinks available for purchase.
- 7 p.m.
- Local Yocal, 350 E. Louisiana St., McKinney
- 469-225-0800. https://bit.ly/3osACIa
Play a round of golf at the fourth annual Tee Up for Foster Youth Golf Classic. The event supports McKinney-based nonprofit Direction 61:3, an organization that supports foster youth as they age out of the foster system and transition into adulthood.
- $175 (individual), $600+ (team and corporate groups)
- Heritage Ranch Golf and Country Club, 465 Scenic Ranch Circle, Fairview
- 214-544-9055. www.direction613.org/events/tee-up-mckinney
This outdoor concert will kick off with a performance by Travelin’ Jed at the Hub 121 amphitheater. Following Travelin’ Jed, The Maylee Thomas Band will perform, featuring native Texas artist Maylee Thomas and her husband, McKinney Mayor George Fuller. The event offers food and drinks from surrounding businesses, including ChopShop McKinney Sports Garage, The Elwood BFD and Wine A Little McKinney.
- 6:30 p.m. (Travelin Jed), 7:30 p.m. (The Maylee Thomas Band)
- Free (admission)
- Hub 121, 7570 SH 121, McKinney
The city of McKinney will host a festival at Finch Park in celebration of Juneteenth. The event will feature live music, food trucks, business vendors, city information booths and more.
- 4 p.m.
- 301 Standifer St., McKinney
- 972-547-7480. www.mckinneytexas.org/3366/Juneteenth-Celebration
Participants in the Downtown McKinney Craft Beer Walk will taste cold craft beers around the downtown area. Each participant will begin with a Craft Beer Walk cup and a map directing you to 20 sampling locations. There will be vendors set up on the square and a scavenger hunt.
- 11 a.m.-6 p.m.
- $30 per person (tasting experience)
- Downtown McKinney, 111 N. Tennessee St., McKinney
- 318-527-9221. www.mckinneysipandstroll.com/craft-beer-walk
A traveling exhibit from the Smithsonian will be available for view at the Heard-Craig Center for the Arts for a limited time. "Sounds of Religion" is a poster exhibit featuring the sounds that accompany religious rituals from around the world.
- Times vary.
- Free (registration required)
- Heard-Craig Center for the Arts, 205 W. Hunt St., McKinney
- 972-569-6909. https://bit.ly/41HBCGI
Comic and hypnotist Flip Orley will perform four shows on two consecutive nights at The Comedy Arena in downtown McKinney. Orley has performed on the "Today" show, "Entertainment Tonight," "Comic Strip Live" and more. His shows are rated M for mature audiences and feature hypnotism, standup comedy, improvisation and sketch comedy.
- Multiple showtimes
- 305 E. Virginia St., Ste. 104, McKinney
- 214-769-0645. https://bit.ly/3UWijHG