The board’s wants will be researched by district staff, and price estimates and plans will later be presented to the board for consideration. The total funds to be used have yet to be determined, Board President Tracy Scott Miller said during a Dec. 6 workshop.
The board would like to see some of the funds used to:
- Upgrade The Colony High School fire alarm system;
- Upgrade technology in the next 12-24 months;
- Upgrade facilities, such as the Westside Aquatic Center;
- Upgrade classroom furniture, including at Marcus High School and The Colony High School; and
- Purchase furniture for STEM—science, technology, education and math—academies at Forestwood, Downing and Creek Valley middle schools.
The board did not take any action on the item.