1. Dallas ISD approves 2022-23 academic calendar
Dallas ISD schools that have adopted the district's base calendar began the 2022-23 school year Aug. 15 and end May 26. The board of trustees unanimously approved the district’s base calendar along with its other calendars for certain campuses at a Jan. 28 meeting.
2. Tornado warnings possible for Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex during Nov. 4 thunderstorm
An official with the National Weather Service said strong winds were expected during a thunderstorm slated to last from the morning into the evening Nov. 4.
3. Dallas sets timeline for potentially approving short-term rental regulations
Dallas City Council members were scheduled to vote on rules regulating short-term rental properties in the coming months. City employees with both the planning and code compliance departments shared updated recommendations for rules on short-term rentals with council June 1.
4. Dallas ISD working on academic calendars for 2023-24, 2024-25 school years
Dallas ISD officials are working to prepare academic calendars for the next two school years, according to a press release. Two draft calendars are being considered to serve as the base calendar for the 2023-24 and 2024-25 school years for DISD.
5. Dallas County judge issues emergency declaration in bid to slow spread of monkeypox virus
Dallas County Judge Clay Jenkins is looking to increase the rollout of monkeypox vaccines to slow the virus's spread, according to an emergency declaration signed Aug. 5. Jenkins said the county has 5,000 doses of the Jynneos monkeypox vaccine but is looking to receive more to limit the spread of monkeypox.