Closures for the traffic switch will begin at 8 p.m. Jan. 3. All lanes are scheduled to be open no later than 6 a.m. Jan. 6.
The $370 million Texas Department of Transportation project includes rebuilding and widening SH 121 north of the Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport to accommodate new interchanges for SH 121 at I-635 and FM 2499. The Bass Pro bridge in Grapevine will also be widened to six lanes and reconstructed along with the frontage roads. The project is expected to be completed in 2022.
Here are the closures drivers should be aware of as they travel through this area:
• All northbound lanes will be fully closed.
• All westbound lanes will be fully closed to northbound SH 121.
• Traffic will be detoured to the Bass Pro Drive exit then to Freeport Parkway.
• Three right lanes of northbound traffic will be fully closed.
• Northbound off ramp to Bass Pro Drive will be fully closed.
• Northbound traffic will be detoured to Freeport Parkway.
• All northbound lanes will be fully closed from Grapevine Mill Trail to FM 2499.
• Northbound SH 26 from Grapevine Mills Trail to FM 2499 traffic will be detoured to Bass Pro Drive, then the northbound SH 121 frontage road to Sandy Lake Road.