GCISD Chief Human Resources Officer Gema Padgett presented the plan to the board of trustees May 22 before it received unanimous approval.
Starting in the 2023-24 school year, salaries will increase for district staff.
- A starting salary of $59,250 for teachers, librarians and nurses
- A pay increase of $2,550 for continuing teachers, librarians and nurses, a 4% midpoint increase
- A 4% pay increase from the midpoint for all other staff including nonteaching professionals, clerical, technology and instructional support as well as auxiliary staff, which includes the district’s custodians
- A starting hourly rate of $15.50 for auxiliary and instructional support pay grades
All GCISD employees other than temporary employees and substitutes will have one wellness day for leave.
- Employees will be allowed one wellness day per budget year.
- This policy will begin in the 2023-24 school year.
One more thing
GCISD will hold a public meeting June 20 to discuss the budget and proposed tax rate for the 2023-24 school year. Chief Financial Officer Derick Sibley said the proposed tax rate is $1.0769 per $100 valuation. The district’s tax rate for the 2022-23 school year was $1.1308 per $100 valuation.