Developers are turning dirt throughout Grapevine, Collevyille and Southlake. Some projects are for office or hospitality use, and some are large community recreational projects. The following are development highlights of different commercial and recreational projects that are under construction.
1. The city of Southlake broke ground Nov. 10 on Phase 2 of The Marq, known as Champions Club at the Marq. It will be built to connect to Phase 1, located at 285 Shady Oaks Drive. The 84,000-square-foot community recreation center will include spaces for fitness, performance training, indoor aquatics, child care, party rooms and multipurpose classrooms for various programs. The $37.4 million facility is scheduled to open summer 2018. When Phase 2 is complete, The Marq will be Southlake’s largest public facility.
2. BMW of Grapevine will open in early 2017 at 1111 E. SH 114 next to Sewell Cadillac. The dealership will feature a two-story, 34-vehicle showroom and a four-story parking garage.
3. Southlake’s second hotel, Cambria Southlake DFW North, will open Dec. 1 at 2104 E. SH 114, Southlake. The hotel will feature 175 one- and two-bedroom guest rooms, a bistro that offers American cuisine with a few Texas specialties, a lobby bar, a fitness facility, and an outdoor pool area that offers cabanas and a fire pit. There will also be 5,000 square feet of event space customizable for group conferences, social receptions and weddings.
4. Colleyville’s first hotel, Hampton Inn & Suites Colleyville-DFW Airport West, will open in December at 5300 SH 121. The five-story hotel will feature 91 guest rooms, meeting space for up to 80 guests, a fitness center and an indoor pool.
5. The city of Southlake broke ground Nov. 10 on Bicentennial Park Phase 3, located at 450 W. Southlake Blvd., Southlake. The $8.8 million project includes a new building and enclosed courts for the Southlake Tennis Center, trail system completion, a synthetic turf field at the current in-line hockey court, landscape and irrigation enhancements, and park amenities enhancements. Certain elements are expected to be complete by 2018.
6. The new Grapevine Public Safety Building will open in the spring at 1007 Ira E. Woods Ave., Grapevine. The building will house the police department, municipal court, fire department administration, information technology department and logistics. This multilevel facility will feature three different buildings on one campus totaling approximately 104,000 square feet.
7. Construction is underway on TD Ameritrade’s 78-acre regional office campus at 1051 W. Kirkwood Blvd., Southlake. The 355,000-square-foot complex is expected to be complete in 2017. It will feature a three-story office building and a five-level parking garage. The new campus will consolidate Ameritrade’s call center, technology and operations staff from two office buildings in Fort Worth.
8. Construction on Grapevine’s cricket fields and facility is expected to begin in December and be complete by the summer. The facility will be located on approximately 20 acres along Foxfire Lane.