Friday, Sept. 1
1. Friday night fireworks held
The 11-minute fireworks show lights up the Texas night sky over Lake Grapevine. Grapevine’s Friday night fireworks show, which was a part of the city's ninth annual SummerBlast, concludes this Labor Day weekend.
Free. 9:30 p.m. Lake Grapevine. 817-410-3185. www.grapevinetexasusa.com/summer
2. Palace Theatre to show ‘Chicago’
As part of the First Friday film series, the Palace Theatre shows the movie “Chicago” in its restored art deco-style 1940s theater. Bring in a same-day receipt from any Grapevine restaurant for a free small popcorn.
Tickets are $6. 300 S. Main Street, Grapevine. 817-410-3100. www.grapevinetexasusa.com/palace-theatre/movies/
3. Nash Farm gets crafty with pioneer activities
Nash Farm features two events Friday: First Friday “Textiles and Needlework” and “Needle Arts & Textiles.” At the needle arts and textiles workshop, guests create domestic art projects and will learn the finer domestic skills of needle art. At the textiles and needlework workshop, participants experience how cotton and sheared wool are processed into textiles.
Admission is $3. 10 a.m.-midnight. 626 Ball St., Grapevine. 817-410-3185. www.grapevinetexasusa.com/event/first-friday-textiles-and-needlework/20152/
Saturday, Sept. 2
4. Wing Ding parade, shows come to Grapevine
The Gold Wing Road Riders Association’s Wing Ding motorcycle convention is in town for a four-day convention. On Saturday, the public is invited to attended several free events:
• Grand Parade (8:30 a.m.)— See the Wingers travel the streets of Grapevine and end at Grapevine Mills. Approximately 400 Wingers ride in a processional carrying flags from each state and country representing the diversity of their membership.
• Gold Wing People’s Choice Bike Show (9-11 a.m.)—Directly following the Grand Parade, join the Wingers at Grapevine Mills parking lot area 1C located across the street from Steak & Shake, to vote for your favorite bike in each of the five categories—bike, trike, bike with trailer, trike with trailer and vintage.
• Gold Wing Drill Team Performances (9:30 a.m.-noon)—In Grapevine Mills parking lot area 1B located across the street from Steak & Shake, motorcycle drill teams demonstrate and show off their precision, synchronized riding skills and more.
602-952-2050 x205. http://www.wing-ding.org/39/