The 11th annual North Texas Giving Day is set to take place Sept. 19.
Organized by Communities Foundation of Texas, North Texas Giving Day benefits 20 regional counties over an 18-hour online giving period. The goal is to create awareness and support for nonprofits while also making it easy for donors to give. In 2018, more than $48 million was raised for more than 2,700 regional nonprofits, according to the Communities Foundation website.
The public can also participate in North Texas Giving Day by attending events across the region.
Although not officially listed, Hop and Sting Brewing Co. is hosting a special event to benefit the Humane Society of North Texas, according to information submitted to Community Impact Newspaper. The brewery will donate $0.50 for every draft beer ordered. The taproom and beer garden will open from 3-10 p.m. Southern Gourmet Kitchen will be there with its food truck to serve hungry event goers, and reggae artist Watusi is set to perform at 6 p.m.
Scheduled giving is open now through Sept. 18. In the Grapevine, Colleyville and Southlake area, there are 56 local nonprofits participating in this year’s fundraising drive, according to the Communities Foundation website. This list may not be comprehensive.
- Acting Studio
- Breast of Texas Dragon Boat Team
- Children’s International Summer Villages Inc., Dallas-Fort Worth Chapter
- Dallas Pets Alive!
- DFW Dachshund Rescue Foundation
- The End of the Runway Players, Inc.
- The Franklin Imagine Group
- The Gatehouse
- Grapevine AMBUCS
- Grapevine Faith Christian School
- Grapevine High School Mustang Band
- Grapevine-Colleyville Young Life
- Holy Trinity Catholic School
- Journey Learning Center
- Justice for Our Neighbors North Central Texas
- Keep Grapevine Beautiful
- LifeStage Theatre at Lifesong Studio
- Love is My Superpower
- MARS Rescue, Inc.
- Swim4Elise Foundation
- Unlikely Heroes
- AAUW-Northeast Tarrant County Branch
- Colleyville Covenant Christian Academy
- Colleyville Public Library Foundation
- Constituting America
- MAXimum Chances
- Mercy House Ministries
- Mid-Cities Supporters of Safehaven of Tarrant County
- North Texas Prostate Cancer Coalition
- OAR Foundation
- Salvaged Souls Pet Rescue
- Stupid Strong Charitable Foundation
- Waypoint Montessori
- Amys Wish With Wings
- Call A Ride of Southlake
- Carroll Education Foundation
- Carroll ISD Band Boosters
- The Clariden School
- Crown of Life Lutheran School
- Epic Animal Rescue
- GAP, Inc.
- Heart of a Champion
- HOSA-Future Health Professionals
- iBee Foundation
- Keep Dreaming Big Project
- Kids Matter International
- The King’s University
- Millions from One
- Miracle League of Southlake
- Northeast Tarrant County A&M Club
- The Pirouettes of Texas
- Southlake Montessori
- Teen Life
- Theatre of North Texas
- Thunder Water Polo Club
- Valiant Hearts
Olivia Lueckemeyer contributed to this story.