Frisco voters who live in Collin County or Denton County can cast ballots Friday at any polling location within their county. The runoff election for Frisco City Council Place 5 is between candidates Dan Stricklin and Laura Rummel.
The early voting hours are from 7 a.m.-7 p.m. Dec. 4 for both counties. Polls will also be open from 7 a.m.-7 p.m. on election day, Dec. 8.
Collin County polling locations for early voting and election day will be:
- Collin College Frisco Campus conference room, 9700 Wade Blvd.;
- Frisco Fire Station No. 8 training room, 14700 Rolater Road; and
- The Grove at Frisco Commons game room, 8300 McKinney Road.
Denton County polling locations for early voting and election day will be:
- Frisco Fire Station No. 4 training room, 4485 Cotton Gin Road;
- Frisco Fire Station No. 6 training room, 3535 Eldorado Parkway; and
- Frisco Fire Station No. 7 training room, 330 W. Stonebrook Parkway.
Frisco Fire Station No. 7 has been the most popular polling location in Frisco, averaging nearly 100 voters each day. Frisco Fire Station No. 6 has seen the lowest turnout, averaging about 24 voters per day.
Stricklin and Rummel received the two highest vote totals in the seven-way race for the Place 5 seat Nov. 3. Stricklin’s nearly 27% of the votes cast and Rummel's nearly 24% outpaced the shares of Ruan Meintjes, Rob Cox, Josh Meek, Ram Majji and Hava Johnston, the other candidates in the race.
The seat is up for election because Council Member Tim Nelson has reached his term limit for the position.
Stricklin and Rummel participated in a candidate forum Nov. 16 hosted by the Frisco Chamber of Commerce. Read about that forum here, and watch a video of the full candidate forum here. The candidates also participated in a Q&A for all the Place 5 candidates, which can be read here.