Parents of students who will turn 4 years old by Sept. 1 may explore eligibility for the district’s free, full-day prekindergarten program. Prekindergarten focuses on language development, social skills, and early literacy and math concepts, according to the district website. The program is offered at the FISD Early Childhood School and elementary campuses across the district. Transportation to and from school must be provided by parents or guardians. Students who attend prekindergarten must qualify in one of the following areas, as outlined by the state:
- Limited English proficiency due to another primary language in the home
- Low family income qualifies the student for free or reduced lunch
- Be a member of an active military family or be a member of an inactive military family whose parent was injured or killed during active military service
- Has ever been in foster care
- Has a guardian who is eligible to receive the Star of Texas Award as a peace officer, firefighter or emergency medical first responder
To learn more about the prekindergarten program and how to enroll, visit www.friscoisd.org/pre-k.
The map below shows pre-K locations for the 2022-23 school year. Schools marked with a yellow icon offer a bilingual program.