FISD board makes final approval for National Soccer Hall of Fame

0

The National Soccer Hall of Fame is now clear to come to Frisco.

The Frisco ISD board of trustees voted 6-0 Sept. 29 to approve improvements to Toyota Stadium, which include making way for the hall of fame.

The board was the last of four entities to vote on the stadium improvements. The city of Frisco, the Frisco Community Development Corp., the Frisco Economic Development Corp. and FISD all had to approve FC Dallas’ lease agreement for Toyota Stadium because each was asked to contribute to the cost of the improvements.

The total cost of the project is expected to be $39 million.

The improvements include making room for US Soccer Federation’s hall of fame collection, new locker rooms, a team store, video boards and an upgraded sound system.

The improvements will accommodate the needs for FISD athletics and the NCAA, which hosts its Division I National Football Championship game at the stadium every year.

Share this story
COMMENT

Lindsey Juarez Monsivais
Lindsey has been involved in newspapers in some form since high school. She graduated magna cum laude from the University of Texas at Arlington in 2014 with a degree in Journalism. While attending UTA, she worked for The Shorthorn, the university's award-winning student newspaper. She was hired as Community Impact Newspaper's first Frisco reporter in 2014. Less than a year later, she took over as the editor of the Frisco edition. Since then, she has covered a variety of topics and issues important to the community, including the city's affordable housing shortage, the state's controversial A-F school accountability system and the city's "Bury the Lines" efforts.
Back to top