Here’s what you need to know this week:
1. Thousands of people in Austin gathered over the weekend around the south lawn of the Texas State Capitol for Women’s March on ATX, a demonstration of support for women’s rights.
2. Southwest Austin residents can offer their feedback at a public hearing Tuesday on the proposed Bella Fortuna district, which would be situated about a mile southeast of I-35 and Onion Creek Parkway on approximately 158 acres within the city of Austin’s extraterritorial jurisdiction, according to county documents. The development would involve the construction of about 400 new single-family homes.
3. There’s a new coffee shop coming to Sunset Valley next month. New business Bougie’s Donuts & Coffee at 5400 Brodie Lane, Ste. 930, will offer about a dozen varieties each day, and flavors will rotate daily, owner Ryan Brown said.
4. Continued high demand for homes and increased consumer confidence are converging in 2017, resulting in a strong market for the real estate industry in the coming years, according to experts who presented Thursday at the 2017 Greater Austin Housing Forecast co-hosted by the Austin Board of Realtors and Home Builders Association of Greater Austin.
5. Southwest Austin is getting a new Pluckers Wing Bar location. The Austin-based sports bar and wing restaurant said Friday that it will open a seventh Austin-area location in the Oak Hill Plaza on Hwy. 71 in late 2017.
6. Of the state’s roughly 1,200 school districts, just two districts in Texas received straight As under the state’s preliminary A-F accountability report, which measures performance in four areas. The preliminary report was released to the public Jan. 6, based on data from the 2015-16 academic year, and included ratings for Austin ISD.