- The southwest corner of MoPac and Davis Lane will soon be home to a new clinic known as the Seton Family of Doctors, which will provide primary care as well as adult and pediatric specialists. The 20,500-square-foot building is slated to open in June and will be part of the Waterleaf Medical Center, which is located across the street.
- The free cellphone lot at Austin-Bergstrom International Airport has been temporarily relocated to 9340 Rental Car Lane, Austin, while the original site at 2801 Spirit of Texas Drive, Austin, is enhanced with a new store, gas station and children’s play area.
- Skull & Cakebones, a new vegan craft bakery, opened its first retail location Jan. 3 at 3991 E. Hwy. 290, Unit A, Dripping Springs. The bakery sells sweet and savory items, including bread, cakes, soups and salads.
- The 85th Texas Legislature convened for the first time on Tuesday, Jan. 10. Community Impact Newspaper coverage of proposed new laws and happenings at the Capitol will continue throughout the legislative session.
- A new location of Cookie Cutters Haircuts for Kids opened its location at 5400 Brodie Lane, Ste. 1260, Austin, on Jan. 11.
- The I-35 South 10-mile Comprehensive Project is designed to improve mobility and safety by adding one express lane in each direction and addressing improvements that are not already included in other stand-alone projects on the road. There are a number of separate Texas Department of Transportation projects underway, including at Oltorf Street, at 51st Street, at William Cannon Drive and at the Slaughter Creek overpass reconstruction. TxDOT held an open house last week and will offer its virtual open house Jan. 12-26 for residents to provide feedback at www.mobility35openhouse.com.
support local journalism become a community patron Community impact Newspaper's mission is to build communities of informed citizens and thriving businesses through the collaboration of a passionate team. Consider supporting our journalism efforts by becoming a Community Patron today.
join us become a community member Community Members have access to our e-edition and can sign up for our daily e-newsletter
New Seton clinic, vegan craft bakery and more things for Southwest Austinites to know this week, Jan. 16-22
The clinic, known as the Seton Family of Doctors, is scheduled to open in June.
Here are a few things to know this week if you live in Southwest Austin: