According to the city of Austin Transportation Department, road closures will begin Feb. 17 to allow officials time to set up for the marathon. These closures will remain throughout the entirety of the race Feb. 19.
Austin Marathon road closures include the following:
- Feb. 17:
- East Ninth Street between Congress Avenue and Brazos Street starting at 9 a.m.
- Congress Avenue between Ninth and 10th streets starting at 4 p.m.
- Congress Avenue between Seventh and 11th streets starting at 7 p.m.
- Feb. 18:
- Congress Avenue between Cesar Chavez Street and 11th Street starting at 4 a.m.
- Feb. 19:
- Early closures begin at 2 a.m.
- Race route closures begin at 6 a.m.
- Major cross streets will remain open until runners arrive.