Here’s what you need to know to start your week:
1. Open enrollment for health insurance plans through healthcare.gov ends Friday, Dec. 15. Here are five Austin-area resources that can help individuals sign up if they are still without insurance coverage prior to the deadline.
2. Construction has kicked into high gear prior to the holiday season in the city of Round Rock. The Texas Department of Transportation is increasingly closing various lanes throughout the city and along I-35 to complete roadwork. Stay up to date with the most recent roadwork here before getting on the roads.
3. At last week’s Round Rock ISD board of trustees meeting, trustees began discussing a potential May 2018 called bond election. RRISD underwent a May 2017 bond election but failed to gain enough support on any of the three propositions, totaling close to $600 million. Trustees discussed including only “critical needs” on this potential bond, but have not firmly decided whether or not to call the election. Discussion is set to continue at a Dec. 21 board meeting.
4. On Tuesday, Pflugerville City Council will discuss the Community Development Block Grant program. Council will also vote on an engineering company to provide design, bidding and construction administration for the CDBG 2018 Pavement Rehabilitation Program Project.
5. Trail of Lights opened Dec. 9 for the holiday season in Zilker Park. The event will run until Dec. 23 and features local musicians and a variety of light displays. Lyft is offering discounted rides to passengers going to Trail of Lights.