“It was a tremendous event,” said Mike Odom, Round Rock Chamber president and CEO. “We are so focused on economic development and business in Round Rock; we need to take a break and celebrate the results we as a chamber have accomplished over the past year. It was a great year.”
Award winners included:
- Ambassador of the Year: Diana Lindsay of Nutrition4Life
- Big Boy Hester Small Business of the Year: Hill Country Payroll
- Business of the Year: Wag-A-Bag
- Chairman’s Award: Roy Beard, Beard Commercial Properties
- Global Business of the Year: Odyssey Technical Solutions
- Investor of the Year: Amin Salahuddin of EIX Systems
- Citizen of the Year: Round Rock ISD Superintendent Steve Flores
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Ron Morrison, former Williamson County Place 4 commissioner
The event also celebrated the chamber’s 2016 successes and recognized the outgoing board members for their service. In addition to the chamber’s awards, The Greater Round Rock Community Foundation announced its philanthropic honors. Connie Bellows of Project Care Case as well as Lori and Felix Munson of Anchor Ventana Glass Co. were presented with the foundation’s Innovation in Philanthropy and Philanthropy awards, respectively.
Outgoing Chairman Mike Doss of Independent Bank thanked the chamber staff and investors for their support and congratulated new Chairwoman Amy Ellsworth of Community Impact Newspaper.
“Mike was focused on his job as chair this year, and while each year has its challenges, Mike’s leadership helped us navigate the bumps,” Odom said. “He was committed to his work here and spent time away from his job and his family.”
Odom said Ellsworth will continue the good work.
“She’s very smart, very caring and business-focused,” Odom said. “Amy understands the impact a chamber can make and has made. That makes us very excited.”