The water system is now fully functioning and passed the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality use requirements, according to a city update at 4:31 p.m. Feb. 23. The water has been deemed safe for consumption.
Recommended cleaning procedures for potentially compromised water sources following a lifted boil notice include:
- flushing household pipes, faucets;
- dumping existing ice and flushing water feed lines; flush lines by making and disposing three batches of ice;
- hot water heaters, water coolers, inline filters: run enough water to replace "at least one full volume of all lines and tanks”;
- water softeners: run a regeneration cycle; and
- reverse-osmosis units: replace pre-filters.
City of #Hutto water is safe to consume again so our boil water notice has ended. Our system is fully functioning and water has passed TCEQ requirements for use.
Thank you for your patience! pic.twitter.com/wNjblndJxZ
— City of Hutto (@HuttoTX) February 23, 2021