Hutto's Brushy Creek Amphitheater will soon be home to more events under a new agreement.

Hutto City Council approved the agreement with venue management firm Directors of Chaos, or DOC, at an April 20 meeting.

Under the agreement, DOC will organize, promote and conduct events at Brushy Creek Amphitheater.

DOC representative Chris Stone said the firm plans to organize approximately 10 concerts from July through the end of 2023, starting with lower-capacity events and building up to larger ones.

Regarding the sound study conducted in 2021, DOC representative Tim Pioppo said the firm will book only lower-volume acts until a sound shell can be constructed around the amphitheater.

"We're going to be gearing more toward country, classic rock, comedy [and] those kinds of things, especially in the beginning," Pioppo said.

Under the agreement, the city will generally receive 15% of the net profit from ticket sales, with DOC receiving the other 85%.

Council approved the agreement in a 6-1 vote, with Mayor Mike Snyder voting against. The agreement will last through December 2025.