2021-22 school year
The new boundaries for the upcoming school year come as Jessica Carpenter Elementary School and Bohls Middle School will open this summer in advance of the 2021-22 academic year. The changes create individual attendance zones for Jessica Carpenter and Bohls as well as aim to address over-enrollment and future growth concerns.
As a result, the following campuses will be impacted to accommodate the new boundaries: Mott Elementary School, Pflugerville Elementary School, Barron Elementary School, Wieland Elementary School, Kelly Lane Middle School, Park Crest Middle School and Dessau Middle School.
Key elementary changes
- The new zone for Jessica Carpenter includes Carmel, Verona and the eastern portion of the Reserve at Westcreek
- The Mott zone is reduced in size; enrollment for the 2020-21 school year was reported at 980 students and will reduce to 780 students for the 2021-22 school year
- Barron to Wieland: The region from Anhalt Drive to the greenbelt will relocate from Barron to Wieland
- The portion of the Pflugerville Elementary zone east of SH 130 will relocate into Jessica Carpenter attendance zone
Key middle school changes
- The new zone for Bohls Middle School is created.
- Lowers enrollment numbers at Park Crest Middle School, relocating northern portion of the Park Crest zone to Kelly Lane Middle School
- Boone Valley Drive and area north of Boone Valley to relocate from Park Crest to Kelly Lane
- Lowers enrollment numbers at Kelly Lane, relocating boundary line separating Cele Middle School and Kelly Lane to the greenbelt west of the Rowe Lane Elementary campus
- Lowers enrollment numbers at Kelly Lane by moving southern region of Kelly Lane zone into the Bohls zone
- Lowers enrollment numbers at Dessau Middle School by relocating eastern portion of the Dessau zone into the Bohls zone
- Henneman Drive and area east of Henneman to relocate from Dessau to Bohls
- New boundary lines established between Kelly Lane and Cele; Kelly Lane and Bohls
2021-22 school year grandfathering
The PfISD board also approved grandfathering rising fifth-graders from Mott, who are now zoned to Jessica Carpenter. Students at Pflugerville Elementary, Wieland and Barron can utilize the district transfer process to remain at their current campuses.
For middle schoolers, grandfathering will be administered for rising eighth-graders from Cele, Kelly Lane and Park Crest. Dessau students will be able to utilize the district transfer process to remain at their current campuses.
2022-23 school year
In advance of Elementary School No. 23 opening in time for the 2022-23 school year, the boundary changes aim to alleviate over-enrollment and address future growth concerns.
Key elementary changes
- The new zone for Elementary No. 23 includes Sorento and the Villages of Hidden Lake
- The new boundaries will reduce the size of the Mott attendance zone
- The new boundaries will reduce the size of the Riojas Elementary School attendance zone and will relocate the area south of Kelly Lane to Elementary No. 23
- The new boundaries will reduce the size of the Murchison Elementary School attendance zone by relocating the southern portion of the zone to Elementary No. 23
- Relocate the Bohls Place neighborhood from the Pflugerville Elementary to Brookhollow Elementary School zone
Key high school changes
- Bohls Place moves from Weiss High School to Pflugerville High School
2022-23 school year grandfathering
The PfISD board also approved grandfathering rising fifth-graders from Mott, Murchison and Riojas. Pflugerville Elementary students can utilize the district transfer process to remain at their current campus.
For high schoolers, PfISD will continue legacy grandfathering for Bohls Place, allowing Cele students to attend Weiss for the classes of 2026 and 2027. Grandfathering for Bohls Place's Weiss students will be permitted for the classes of 2023, 2024 and 2025.
To view the complete 2021-22 boundary changes, click here. To view the complete 2022-23 boundary changes, click here.
Editor's note: This story has been updated with additional information regarding rezoned schools.