Toward that end, City Council on July 27 received an update on how some of that money is intended to beautify several areas within Pflugerville.
"Council approved 11 design and engineering consultants to support the development of plans for 14 parks and transportation projects included in the 2020 General Obligation Bond program," said Maggie Holman, a public information officer for the city of Pflugerville, in a July 28 news release. "Bringing onboard these consultants represents the kick-off of the city’s largest voter-approved bond program and will impact all Pflugerville residents."
Key projects include city trail improvements, Phase 2 of the 1849 Park athletic complex, Destination Play Space Phase 1 improvements, Lake Pflugerville Phase 2 improvements, land acquisition and various neighborhood park improvements.
The parks bond was part of a Nov. 3, 2020 election for three propositions totaling $191.3 million. Voters approved all three bond propositions.
Some of the funding approved by council for design and engineering consultants pertain to the following projects:
- $1,915,050 to Burditt Consultants, LLC for professional services associated with 1849 Park Phase 2
- $220,000 to MWM DesignGroup for professional services associated with various trail gaps and trail improvements throughout the city
- $316,458.86 to Asakura Robinson for professional services associated with Pecan Park and Picadilly Park
- $374,163 to Dunaway Associates, LLC for professional services associated with Kelly Lane Park and Murchison Mallard Park
- $499,751 to Studio 16:19 for professional services associated with Wilbarger Creek Park Phase 2
Holman said in the release that the city of Pflugerville is holding its first public engagement opportunity for parks bond projects July 30 from 7-9 p.m. at Pfluger Park, 515 City Park Road, Pflugerville, during its Music in the Park event. Community members will be able to see preliminary concepts for neighborhood parks and give feedback on what these projects should focus on. For updates, click here.