The Texas Department of Transportation is planning to make improvements to boost safety and mobility on US 183 near I-35 and is seeking public input.
The agency is hosting an open house Sept. 19 from 6-8 p.m. at Westover Church of Christ, 8332 Mesa Drive, Austin. Residents will be able to view proposed improvements to US 183 between Metric Boulevard and Cameron Road as well as talk to project team members about any questions and comments, according to a news release from TxDOT.
According to a news release from the agency, proposed improvements include:
- Constructing a northbound auxiliary, or merge, lane from southbound I-35 to the Ohlen Road-Payton Gin Road exit ramp
- Constructing a northbound auxiliary lane from the entrance ramp near Lamar Boulevard to the US 183 exit ramp at Burnet Road
- Constructing a southbound auxiliary lane from the entrance ramp near Burnet to the Lamar exit ramp
- Adding a main lane from the southbound I-35 exit to the Cameron exit
- Adding a left-turn lane and pedestrian accommodations at Lamar on the northbound frontage road
- Closing the northbound US 183 entrance ramp at Georgian Drive
Residents who are unable to attend the meeting may view more project details at www.txdot.gov and search for “US 183 from Metric.” Anyone who wishes to have their comments included in the public record must submit them by Oct. 4 and can also mail them to TxDOT Austin District, P.O.Box 15426, Austin, Texas 78761-5426, Attn: Shelly Eason.