The school district announced May 28 that Aramark Food Services, PfISD’s food service provider, will be distributing free curbside meals to children through Aug. 11.
According to the May 28 announcement, all children under 18 are able to collect free meals and do not need to register or be registered in school programs or show proof of age, income or residence to receive a meal.
Parents or guardians picking up meals for students not present in the car will need to provide some documentation to receive a meal, according to the district. Those picking up free meals should be prepared to provide an official letter or email from PfISD, student report cards, attendance records, birth certificates or student identification cards for each child not present that is receiving a meal. Identification is not required for children that are present in the car.
Summer meal pickups are available at 12 PfISD campuses. Two of those campuses—Spring Hill Elementary and Dearing Elementary—will only provide meals to students enrolled in the PfISD Extended Day Program summer camp.
Meals can be picked up Monday through Friday during two windows at 8-9 a.m. and 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
Here are the PfISD campuses offering summer meal pickups for all district students:
- Copperfield Elementary, 12135 Thompkins Drive, Austin
- Dessau Middle School, 12900 Dessau Road, Austin
- Kelly Lane Middle School, 18900 Falcon Pointe Blvd., Pflugerville
- Northwest Elementary, 14014 Thermal Drive, Austin
- Park Crest Middle School, 1500 N. Railroad Ave., Pflugerville
- Pflugerville Elementary School, 701 Immanuel Road, Pflugerville
- Timmerman Elementary School, 412 Swenson Farms Blvd., Pflugerville
- Westview Middle School, 1805 Scofield Lane, Austin
- Wieland Elementary School, 900 Tudor House Road, Pflugerville
- Windermere Elementary School, 429 Grand Avenue Parkway, Pflugerville