The district will host five public forums regarding the bond and accept questions or comments online. RRISD is also taking requests from community groups wishing to schedule bond presentations.
Forums will be held in each of RRISD's five high schools. Each forum will begin at 6:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 21: Cedar Ridge High School, 2801 Gattis School Road, Round Rock
- Monday, March 27: Round Rock High School, 201 Deep Wood Drive, Round Rock
- Thursday, March 30: McNeil High School, 5720 McNeil Drive, Austin
- Monday, April 3: Westwood High School, 12400 Mellow Meadow Drive, Austin
- Wednesday, April 5: Stony Point High School, 1801 Tiger Trail, Round Rock
The election will include three ballot propositions: One emphasizing growth, renewal and safety; a second dealing with innovation and classroom expansion; and a third focused on fine arts and athletics.
A number of proposed bond projects are meant to address an anticipated increase in the RRISD's student enrollment over the next decade, including $130 million for what would be the district's sixth high school on Pearson Ranch Road in Austin. Funding for the sixth high school is included in Proposition 1 of the bond.