Phase 2 of The Domain between Dick’s Sporting Goods and Dillard’s is slated to receive a slew of new businesses, many of them local, in December and early 2016.
On Nov. 13, Springfree Trampoline opened a showroom at 3220 Amy Donovan Plaza, Ste. 116, near A’Gaci. Customers can try out three of the company’s five trampolines.
Market Manager Tom Zinn said the company redesigned the trampoline to provide safety improvements through design and technology. The trampolines do not have springs or hard surfaces. Instead fiberglass rods below the jumping mat offer a safer way to jump, he said.
“Ten minutes of jumping is equal to 30 minutes of jogging; we have the studies to prove it,” Zinn said. “It also improves your lymphatic system, builds the core and is low impact.”
Springfree will target adult fitness in 2016, he said.
The store is hosting a Mom and Me holiday event Dec. 8 from 3:30-5:30 p.m. where children will decorate their own cookies and ornaments. The cost is $5 person, and proceeds will benefit two charities, Zinn said.
Georgia-based Mystery Room will open its fifth location the week of Dec. 14 at 3220 Feathergrass Court, Ste. 128, said Ronan Mc Cabe, a company representative. The company launched two years ago.
“It was so popular we decided to try it elsewhere,” he said. “Austin is just a young, vibrant city.”
The location will have four escape rooms where teams use clues to break out of the room within 45 minutes. Four mystery rooms require teams to solve a puzzle, such as diffusing a bomb.
Themed rooms include black ops, superheroes, Houdini, special agents and Sherlock Holmes’ office. Mystery Room has party rooms for corporate events or church and school groups. Mc Cabe said the clues and puzzles will be changed every 12 weeks.
Other stores opening either in December or early January:
- The Brass Tap, 10910 Domain Drive, Ste. 120, in the former The Range Golf Club and Sports Bar spot. The bar will offer more than 200 craft beers, food and live music. The business has a location in Round Rock. www.brasstapbeerbar.com/austin
- ATX Gifts and Souvenirs, 10910 Domain Drive, Ste. 116, next to The Limited. The company has a downtown location as well and sells Texas- and Austin-themed gifts.
- Cotone Italian Clothing, 3220 Amy Donovan Plaza, next to Zumiez. Cotone sells women’s clothing and accessories from Italy and has a location near The University of Texas. www.cotoneclothing.com
- Personique on the Spot Laser Center, 11011 Domain Drive, next to Dolce Blu Lash Studio. The center will provide noninvasive beauty treatments such as laser skin rejuvenation, chemical peers, body contouring, laser hair removal, vein therapy and acne scar removal. www.personique.com
- Sixt Rent a Car, 11011 Domain Drive, next to The Pretty Kitty. The high-end rental car company has a location on 35th Street. www.sixt.com
- Wink Threading Studio, 11011 Domain Drive, in the same building as Sixt and Personique. Wink will offer eyebrow threading and has a location in downtown Austin. www.winkthreading.com