According to a press release, the initial programs that will be offered are as follows and participants must register in advance online:
- Monday: Zumba with Roxanne at 12 p.m.
- Tuesday: Baile Latino with Carol at 12 p.m.
- Wednesday: Pickleball for Seniors from 9-10 a.m., 10:30-11:30 a.m., 1-2 p.m. and 2:30-3:30 p.m. The gym will be closed for cleaning between sessions.
- Thursday: Line Dancing with Valerie at 10-11 a.m.
- Friday: Open gym by appointment only. Call 830-221-4630 to reserve a time slot.
The Westside Community Center library branch will reopen with modified hours of operation on Tuesday, June 16. The branch will be open from noon to 5 p.m., Tuesday through Friday, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, and closed Sunday and Monday.
The following restrictions will be implemented at the branch and a pickup program is expected to launch on July 1:
- Library and computer use is by appointment only and residents must call 830-221-4301 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a time.
- No public seating will be available.
- Face coverings are encouraged and masks and gloves will be available to patrons.
- Cash payments will not be accepted and printing will be free.
The community center and the library branch will also continue to provide virtual programming for children and adults which will be announced on the center’s Facebook page or the New Braunfels Public Library’s YouTube channel.
Families in need of additional meal support for their children can also pick up a prepackaged weekly dinner kit from the Westside Community Center as part of the Summer Food Service Program through Be A Champion, a program operated by the United States Department of Agriculture.
Each meal kit will contain enough food for seven meals and all children aged 18 and younger are eligible for meals.
Distributions will take place each Monday through August 17 from 4-5:30 p.m., and a form of identification is encouraged but not required for each child receiving meals.