The presentation was held Wednesday, March 4, at McAdoo's.
The 21 nonprofits listed on Wurstfest's website were contacted and 16 responded, according to April Ryan, 2tarts co-owner and acting past president of the DTA.
Funds for the nonprofits were raised in December at a Wassailfest benefit concert headlined by Wade Bowen and will be split evenly among the 16 groups that applied.
"I love Wurstfest and I love the nonprofits that are there," Ryan said. "Everyone put their heads together with Amy McWhorter at the city, the Bowen Family Foundation, the DTA and the Wassailfest committee and we got it rolling."
The following nonprofits received funds, according to the benefit concert's producer Deric Garza:
- Communities in Schools
- St. Jude’s Ranch for Children
- Canyon Lake Masonic Lodge
- New Braunfels Noon Lions
- Comal County Senior Citizen’s Center
- Comal County Junior Livestock Association
- New Braunfels Youth Soccer Association
- Sophienburg Museum & Archives
- New Braunfels Conservation Society
- New Braunfels High School Band Boosters
- New Braunfels Little League
- Canyon High School Music Boosters
- New Braunfels Performing Arts
- New Braunfels Rotary Club
- New Braunfels Jaycees
- German American Society of New Braunfels